Saturday, June 03, 2006

In brief - Debrief

A few months after returning to Aus, a debrief is held in Canberra for RAYADs (as we are now called - guess what the R is for?)...

It is highly recommended we attend this debrief to discuss our experiences and perhaps get some kind of closure I guess. Being a touch unorganised, I failed to register in time for the debrief and was told it was full and that I could go to one later in the year instead. Fair enough I thought, except that I really wanted the chance to catch up with the great friends I had made while in Samoa. Thanks to skillful internet investigation I managed to find some relatively cheap flights to the capital and booked them 'toot suite'. It was a strange weekend, encountering people who had spent a year together as close friends and seeing how a few months apart, back in the real world, relationships had changed. But it was really good to see a couple of my friends in particular and I am so glad I made the effort to be there and hang out with them. It's just not fair that none of them live in Melbourne! I can see some frequent flyer points beginning to add up...

And now - the itchy feet and career development aims surface. Stay tuned for the next adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home